Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Flowers today, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Flowers today

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowers today
wrote:
Yes the humidity is 97% at 7.15 in the morning,greyness almost every day due to the humidity. B your flowers are just stunning ...oh I am going to sing to my little bits of pink angels ...yours are so beautiful (sighing with a smile).
Every Christmas we get the big Air Balloons coming in (tourists usually) the balloons look so graceful as they float gently over the house, they are coming back from the Blue Mountains.
That no.,8 picture ...they call that the "Qeen of Sheba" in the US ,
and yes while I don't know what Darwin feels like ...the air is that thick with moisture it is hard to breath. You don't want to walk anywhere on the red clay as you get about 5 inches of it clinging to the undersides of your foot wear. What really annoys me is the fact that all of this water is being wasted instead of "saved" ...are you still at only 30 ish % in your dams up there? ...what sort of restrictions do you have?
The Warragamba dam has improved a great deal and if we keep going this way we may even yet get to use the emergency spillway.
I hope with all my heart that all of you who are suffering the dry times get some really good rain very soon, I wish I could share.
Have a wonderful gardening day.
chrissy