Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: The Majestic Bald Eagle, 1 by linthicum

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright linthicum

Subject: The Majestic Bald Eagle

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Majestic Bald Eagle
linthicum wrote:
I am getting excited. No, I am already excited. The Bald Eagle is migrating and will soon begin the mating ritual and either start building a new nest or returning to the one they used last year. I mentioned on another thread that for the first 50 years of my life I never saw a Bald Eagle, except in the zoo. It is different now. It undeniably deserves the title "Our National Symbol". Ben Franklin wanted the turkey as our national symbol. Sorry Ben but I vote for the Bald Eagle. A "Thank You" goes to Thomas Jefferson.

Finding a Bald Eagle sitting still in a tree is easy to photograph but often difficult to find or too far away to get a decent photo. Photographing an eagle in flight can become a real challenge. Capturing a Bald Eagle plucking a fish out of the water requires a multitude of skills and just plain luck. But that is the ultimate. In the meantime, I take what I can get ......

Now when I see a Bald Eagle coming toward me, I feel the same kind of excitement running through my blood as I used to when a whitetail buck tried to sneak past me on the first day of deer hunting. The only difference is now I use a camera.

Here are a few photos taken within the last 10 days.