Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Where are you in AU ., 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Where are you in AU .

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you in AU .
77sunset wrote:
Good morning to you all. Hello weedsandall. I used to love Cockatoo as a child. My parents used to rent a house up there for the Christmas holidays. That was back in the old days when it was a cheap way to holiday away. I remember us being caught in a bushfire. There was fire everywhere. It was frightening and I have never remembered how we eventually got out .
It's great to hear that some of you had rain. Melbourne apparently got mine. We had about 10 drops or maybe it was 12. There is none on the horizon for our area and the forecast is for up in the 30s on Thursday.
Just the day I have to go out . I am going to pick up, yes, more iris. Also some dahlias from the botanical gardens in Portland, which is about an hours drive. The gardens have huge dahlia beds and sell off their excess after planting.
Today is windy again and cold enought o wear a jumper. i love your roses chrissy. I have 2 climbers at the front over archways. One is Gold Bunny, a lovely yellow and the other which does really well is Bantry Bay, a gorgeous pink. I also have 2 white Icebergs which grow a bit more sparsely but still look good mixed with a jasmine.
Picture of my newest baby. This one is orange and bright purple striped . Doesn't show up well in photo but really beautiful.
Have a happy day everyone.