Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Flowers today, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Flowers today

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowers today
77sunset wrote:
Hello ww. I do like the echiums. I have 3 outside in the paddock garden where the wind can't knock them around too much. One I bought as a baby which is a pretty blue and the others were from Hubby's daughter. She had one that self seeded so I got 2 from her. They are all now over 4' high and flower every year. the self seeded ones are a slightly different blue to the more common one. I have a couple of babies from that one in pots now.
I think your big tall one would have a problem with the wind here. I did see, once , at a garden that was open, about 6 different sorts and a mix of colors too. I would like to get a pink one. Hubby's sister had a pink one and a blue and white one. I tried cuttings but never had success.
I have white lilium out in my shade house . It looks like the Christmas Lily. The perfume is heavenly. I have wanted a Christmas Lily for a long time but they have been dear to buy. This one came from an old lady whose garden I used to look after. I hope it multiplies a lot.
I have a new epi flower out today. Will post pic.
The day is getting warmer here and I must go out and put some water on the small pots.
Have a happy day.