Communities > Forums

Image Copyright artcons

In reply to: S FL Galloping Gardeners 2007-10-22

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of S FL Galloping Gardeners 2007-10-22
artcons wrote:
'morning all,
This morning I did some experimenting with my camera. I read several pages on the types of photography settings the camera has built in. I found one that worked well taking pictures of my experimental plant today, the Skyblue clustervine, Jacquemontia pentanthos Fla native, the same plant I had attempted to capture in my posted picture yesterday morning.

I used a Program Automatic Exposure mode. This mode sets the aperture as priority to suit the brightness of the subject then adjusts the shutter speed to match vs an averaging of both using the Auto setting, which is my normal setting.

The results were very good. I had no problem capturing the true blue of the flowers in their natural setting, since I could not move them to a more favorable setting as I can do with nursery plants. Most of the time I would prefer to take pictures in the field as the opportunity permits. This mode may solve my problems in taking red, yellow, white and blue flower pictures.

Manuals are a wonderful thing, too bad it took over two years for me to finally start reading my camera manual. My next experiment will be with the Shutter Speed Priority mode. Perhaps I will be able to get better butterfly pictures with this mode.

The plant is ready to go nuts with blooms as the buds in the picture show. The difference between yesterday and today is, like wow lots more blooms in just one day.

Art