Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: Need a little help from my friends with plant IDs, 1 by bebop2

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bebop2

Subject: Need a little help from my friends with plant IDs

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Need a little help from my friends with plant IDs
bebop2 wrote:
We just got back from visiting my DS and DDIL's new house on the South Shore of Boston. Whoever lived there before took great care with the plantings and I could identify some of them. But there were some I couldn't ID--maybe because I live in a colder zone where they are not commonly grown, maybe because it was the end of November and not much was left on the plants, probably because I just know the plants I personally grow. Anyway, I took some photos and was hoping the experts out there could help. This is their first house and they are fairly clueless about gardening. They are very excited about the house and eager to make it beautiful. I'm afraid they may just pull out some valuable stuff. So here are a series of photos. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

The first 3 are of a pretty large shrub, maybe 6 feet tall. I'm guessing some kind of andromeda. There were dripping green berries which could have been flowers a few months back.