Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: Getting Ready for the Holidays. , 1 by grampapa

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright grampapa

In reply to: Getting Ready for the Holidays.

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Getting Ready for the Holidays.
grampapa wrote:
My DH's family (mom was Silcilian, dad Calabrese) never did the fish thing on Xmas Eve, but when his dad remarried, his Sicilian stepmom did. Not a crowd pleaser here. We always have lasagna or something like that (I'm allergic to shellfish). Dave, I know you still think lasagna is something you eat before the rest of the meal, but we have split it off and made it a meal of it's own. Then we'll have ham for Christmas day and leftovers of both for days after.

We usually start decorating the Friday after T'giving. I have a TON of decorations. If any of you remember from last year...the 14 trees LOL. But my cleaning helper couldn't come until yesterday and I didn't want to start until after the house was cleaned. And DH got his wheelchair in October. Things have been rearranged so he can get around the house and I'll have to figure where I can put everything so he won't be knocking down my collectibles. I might have to scale down (horrors!)

Also very into cookie baking. My oldest DGD has a good friend who is taking Culinary Arts and they both want to come and help (hurray!). Here's some of last years.

edit for something that didn't make sense lol

This message was edited Nov 26, 2007 7:56 AM