Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 24, 1 by svplantingfool

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright svplantingfool

In reply to: DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 24

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 24
svplantingfool wrote:
Debnes, thanks! That's my first clear shot of a GF.
There are many little "volunteer" passionvines from a momma plant that I put in the ground 10 or more years ago. They pop up in the now-shady area under several oak trees, so they never get really big- that and the cats eat them! I'm working on a new butterfly/hummingbird garden that will basically cover most of the front yard. Have been collecting plants and seeds (seed swap YAY!) to fill in a fairly large area- I'm really excited about it.
This is a structure my DH fashioned out of the 4 supports that held up an overhang on the carport. I've been saving them for years, knowing that they could be put to good use somewhere in the garden, someday! I have a pipevine that will go in the center, and some hyacinth bean seedlings also to clamber up the supports.
The weather is cooperating with me, so I hope to actually start planting stuff within the next couple weeks. One more bf garden in the world!
Cathy