Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: First it was deer tasting the Iris, now it's Ditch Puppies, 1 by judycooksey

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright judycooksey

Subject: First it was deer tasting the Iris, now it's Ditch Puppies

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of First it was deer tasting the Iris, now it's Ditch Puppies
judycooksey wrote:
I must be sick because I didn't get really mad at them .....

First the drought and high heat, then the deer descended upon my flower beds. They loved the rose bushes and daylilies, but only sampled the Iris here and there, as if to say well if we can't find anything else to eat we'll come back for them.

Then we found these guys in a ditch where they had been abandoned. They are so sweet and lovable. We haven't been able to place them although they've been given their shots and "fixed", so it looks like they are here to stay.

I went out to the Iris beds yesterday and stepped on one not in the bed... oops more, all around, they had uprooted one complete bed and it appeared as through they had tossed them into the air or perhaps it was a game of keep away. I gathered them up and replanted. This morning I discovered they had found the white sticks with the black writting I had left for them in another bed and they pulled them all out of the ground like good boys and girl.

Judy