Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: New Greenhouse, 1 by gapeahen

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gapeahen

In reply to: New Greenhouse

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New Greenhouse
gapeahen wrote:
Oh BB, the setting area your refer to are rasied bed made with 2 x 8.
There 2' wide & 6' long. I use them for my stock plants (cutting's) easy to get too.

As for the electric bill any where from $30-50 per depending on the weather. The gravel helps hold heat.
GH #1 12' x 16' on left side has 4 heat lamps with 2 heater's with vent fan & 2 small floor fan, with 2 timer plugs (all are not use at the same time unless it's below 20 degree's.
GH #2 10' x 12' middle has 2 heat lamps
GH #3 10' x 12' green on right has vent fan, 3 heat lamps, 3 timer plugs & 1 floor fan.

I had research and plan for alone time, and knew I wanted gravel for good drained. and alot of water faucet's. I do have a second's misting timer ($100) that runs into each GH's if needed. Timer's are a wonderful to have for cuttings & sowing seeds. If you do buy ceramic heater's ($30) just make sure it has a thermostat, so the motor doesn't over heat. Our family business is electric motor's and my DH said those heater's are perfect
for the greenhouse. I keep mine on medium.

On outside holding beds (container's) I use drip irrigation & micro mini jet's. Go to Walmart and see if they have any 1/4 tubing on sale, last year I bought all they had, 50' was 7.95 on sale for 2.50. 1/4" tubing is connected with barb's to a 1/2' main tubing.
I know you didn't ask about my watering system, just thought I'd give you something to think about. I'll be glad to share more with later on if you like.

Oh, by the way I'll be hosting a Round -Up in 2008 you just might wanna join us here in Coffee County.

Have a Good One,
Donna