Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: No more Tradescantia, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: No more Tradescantia

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of No more Tradescantia
weed_woman wrote:
No worries LouC, glad my expensive exercise is of help to someone! LOL
Hi KK, sure you can have some bits. I've had 4 giant potting mix bags of the Rhoeo out on the verge with "free" written on them, but only 2 have gone. Its hard to give stuff away around here! The T. virginiana was given to me by my Mum a few years ago. I'm going to keep it, as I don't think Leo ever goes into that particular space, but I'll dig a bit out for you, as its going great guns! Rhoeo, I could send by the truckload. I have it every where. As borders in just about every garden! Leo loves to lie in it because its cool. He has cleared up considerably with the medication, but I will still remove the Rhoeo. I have a furry one aswell (Ohhhh, I mean Tradescatia) And have only just propagated it. I may keep it in a pot/hanging basket out of Leos reach! The variegated T. fluminensis is looking really nice just now too, so thats a bit of a shame also. I'm going to replace it with some Ajuga reptans, of which I have alot growing here and there.