Northeast Gardening: How is your harvest?, 1 by DonnieBrook

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnieBrook

In reply to: How is your harvest?

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How is your harvest?
DonnieBrook wrote:
Thanks for that info, Cat! I think I'll take your suggestion and leave it alone for this year!

Victor - it has cooled off and is quite nice here today. I'm so glad to have the windows open and the fresh air throughout the house. I'm also glad to hear that your peppers have not been affected by the frosts you've had so far. That's good for me to know for next year in NH.

Since this is the "harvest" thread, I'm attaching a shot of our future harvest of the best tangelo juice around. I can't wait for these to ripen so we can get to squeezing! Nothing like the juice off this tree! All of our citrus trees look good this year. Ours are among the few trees left in our neighborhood. Florida had a horrible program of going around and cutting down a lot of citrus trees within an affected area of citrus canker, which blew over across the River to our neighborhood after one of the hurricanes. The cut-down line stopped on the opposite side of our street, and everyone except a very few of us lost their beautiful old citrus trees. Our side of the street is the only one left with any at all. Then, after they cut down all the trees, they determined that it wouldn't help anyway and abandoned the program. I feel so bad for a few of the elderly neighbors who will never have enough time to have new trees reach maturity. We feel so fortunate!! And, of course, we share a lot of the fruit we are lucky enough to have with our neighbors.