Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: DAILY PICS VOL. 28, 1 by tigerlily

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tigerlily

In reply to: DAILY PICS VOL. 28

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY PICS   VOL. 28
tigerlily wrote:
lily, I'm not always able to get that close, but when I am I hold my breath, LOL It's so exciting!

Yesterday was one of those yucky white overcast days......all day long. I almost didn't go out for my birdwalk, as there were few even at my feeders, and the hawk is still hanging around. I am seeing a few RWB coming through, and the Mourning Doves are coming around again.

Also I still have a few Bandtails early in the day. It's late for them! The Goldfinch numbers have decreased greatly in the past couple days, from hundreds to about a dozen or so. Very late for them here anyway.

Back to yesterdays birdwalk. As soon as I got into the back area I saw many Chickadee's, and there were several RBN working the same tree! I knew it was a bad day for photos, but it was soooo busy back there that I snapped over 300! I saw the Yellow-rumped Warbler again, and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. My neck (bad anyway) was getting so sore after a couple hours looking up into the trees I decided I was nuts staying out there. I started back towards the house and the WBN showed up! What a birding day in the back yard!