Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Amaryllis and Hippeastrums: My hippeastrums #4, 1 by Kaelkitty

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kaelkitty

In reply to: My hippeastrums #4

Forum: Amaryllis and Hippeastrums

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My hippeastrums #4
Kaelkitty wrote:
Here we are again for 2007. This one is an example of a bulb which, pretty as the flower is, is probably going to end up as a cull. I like the veins and the amount of green in the throat, but the flowers are small and the flower stems have always been short; this year's is about 40cm (15 inches) tall, and that is just too small for a good production plant. I might try recrossing it with my pistachio green one (#24) if I can ever get them to flower at the same time. That plant has lovely tall stems and really big flowers of good shape, but it won't be this year, as that bulb is still dormant. My apologies for the flower being a bit grubby and battered - we had some very nasty storms here in South Australia last week, power lines down, high speed wind gusts, trees down all over the state - one girl got killed by a falling tree in a country town a few hundred miles away. I'm just thankful that all but a tiny bit of wind damage passed me by. TTFN, Kaelkitty.

Edited because I can't spell my own name, LOL!

This message was edited Oct 31, 2007 3:34 PM