Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Everyone's indoors... is one halide enough?, 1 by keonikale

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright keonikale

Subject: Everyone's indoors... is one halide enough?

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Everyone's indoors... is one halide enough?
keonikale wrote:
Looks like my own little indoor jungle, the result of too many plants that are too large to take upstairs to my "plant room" anymore. Opted for a 1000W halide this year and a greenhouse (humidity). Had planned on two halide's but stuck with one to see how it would go. Now that every thing's in - can't help but feel like it's crowded and a lot of bigger (high light) items are on the edge of the primary growing area.

I did take the suggestion of putting one of my smaller GH's outside, but it's been hard to regulate the temperature and I can only put so much in it to begin with. The larger GH (seen in the photo) I've kept inside bc I think it'd be too large to put in the backyard given our neighbor rules, even with our fence (gotta love those rules).

I do have to put my other 8' Christmas palm out here in the garge from Nov 26-Dec 27th, as our foyer will be home to our more traditional Christmas tree. LOL, could just decorate the palm I guess. So it'll be a lot more crowded then in the garage than now.

So what do you all think? Invest in another halide or try and work with this out with the one?