Michigan Gardening: Back in Michigan, and new to this forum, 1 by notmartha

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright notmartha

In reply to: Back in Michigan, and new to this forum

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Back in Michigan, and new to this forum
notmartha wrote:
Linda glad to have you here with us and back in good ol' Mich!
I hope you can find a good job. I know times are tough here!
How did you fair through those storms? I saw your area was hit really hard!

Plumeria-i have only tried once and failed with these! My house is full of all kinds of houseplants. I just ordered some more stuff today from a the newest classified add here on daves. I thought i was done for the season! ha ha ha
The classifieds here at davesgarden are GREAT!
I dont know if you know this site but Bert is a member here and has great plants for great prices. I HIGHLY recommend him-

I grow lots of annuals and veggies in the spring along with all my daylily and hosta babies
that i start in the basement and then move out to the greenhouse around March with a electric heater for cold nights! I luv heirloom tomatos and all the other kinds I have got to try over the yrs, from trading seeds here at daves!!!

I have lived in Michigan all my life and have landed here on my DH's centennial farm.
We own 5acres of 140 parcel(family owns that)of flat farm land!

Im a mom of 5 boys and have 2 left here at home ages 14 (almost)and 11(almost)and
2 beautiful grandbabies-a boy and a girl!!!!
I have been gardening here on the farm now for about 15yrs. I started with a circle garden in the middle of the circle driveway, then headed out around the pool, then up to the garage and then I went crazy and made a HUGE garden around a pear tree.
It has sidewalks and fountains and benches and FLOWERS of all kinds. I added a iris bed off to the side(took over the veggie garden) Then another co-op and another Iris bed.
A few years ago i got into daylilies pretty heavy and now i have 3 beds(400 named and about 300 unnamed) of those and daylily seedlings everywhere. The past couple years I started some hosta and now am over 200 of those mixed with coral bells and foam flowers and other shade plants. I have over a acre of flowers to tend to now!
I hybridize daylilies and try to invent a new unseen bloom

I bought a 69 camaro last yr and got it on the road this summer-i have been having a riot in it. Going to car cruises and just zooming around!

I have been a member here at daves since it first started(before we had forums) so i have watched each of you join us and the site GROW n GROW!
I have had 5 spring plant trades here at the house-great people and great fun!
I luv to have fun and make people laugh!
Over the yrs i have posted several garden photos, but here is one of my favorites
If you have any Questions just ask-if i cant answer them-someone else will!
great group of michiganders here!!!

WELCOME BACK
dori

This message was edited Oct 24, 2007 2:15 PM