Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: DAILY PICS VOL. 26, 1 by Dinu

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Dinu

Subject: DAILY PICS VOL. 26

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY PICS VOL. 26
Dinu wrote:
Birds, Insects, Garden, Animals..... have all interested me for as long as I can remember. We had house sparrows creating nuisance inside homes with their noise and nests. Crows were almost living with us, but outside! Eagles and Kites have coasted high in the sky, and we have always looked up to them, bending our necks back. I remember when my grandmother saw a Kite [with its white head] flying above, she would ask us to hide our fingernails! LOL [I say LOL now, because I did not know then, that it was a real grandmother's thingie]. Peacocks were seen in Zoos. But I was able to see them in its natural bounty in the cities of Pune and Karaikudi during my cricket tours. [No cameras then]. There was a cousin who fell sick for a month when their pet parrot that lived many years with them died one day. The noise of the Parakeets around dusk [though rare in our area, but their homes in certain trees esp. in the market area as I can remember] have fascinated me. The first notes from the Koels early in the morning enchanted us [even now often, during the season when it sings]. So let's begin here with the Rose ringed parakeets feeding on seedpods of Caesalpinia. Picture from the balcony room window from as close as 15 ft. or so, but peeping through the curtain gap.