Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Ficus Fotos For Prune-o-Fobes, 1 by tapla

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tapla

Subject: Ficus Fotos For Prune-o-Fobes

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ficus Fotos For Prune-o-Fobes
tapla wrote:
Let me start by asking if anyone can tell me how to post two or more pictures in one text box. I'd also like to know how to add text between the photos, if that is possible. I looked diligently (I thought) for 'help' or some direction, but was unable to find it on the site.

Below, you'll see a photo of a Ficus nerifolia (aka salicifolia) or narrow/willow leaf fig. The twin trunk composition is in the mother daughter style, with the mother hovering over the lesser daughter tree.

I acquired the tree at a workshop by the Ann Arbor Bonsai Society about 5 or 6 years ago. It had recently arrived there from FL and the change in light between there & where it was kept before the workshop had caused it to defoliate almost completely, leaving less than a dozen leaves on the tree. It looked much like it does in the picture except shorter - and there were only one or two branches I kept as part of the end composition.

The photo was taken in early summer, this year, after a hard top pruning and a repot with root reduction. Scroll down the thread for the end of summer photo.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2007 10:13 AM