Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: DAILY PICS VOL. 24, 1 by wallaby1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallaby1

In reply to: DAILY PICS VOL. 24

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY PICS VOL. 24
wallaby1 wrote:
That must have been a very interesting trip Kennedy!

Unfortunately I have to make do with my immediate surroundings, but that's not too bad. Pelle has got me on the daily lookout for birds! LOL!

Never tire of seeing those WPs, nice Jays too Sybil!

I had, without success, gone across the road to take a peek across the paddock with horses. Crossing back across the road I saw 'my' Pheasant on the road further up, not at all in a hurry. As I lined him up a car came along, I could see the driver plainly in the pic and he didn't look happy, probably thought I would get him on camera if he hit the Pheasant. He did slow, the Pheasant took no notice, walked back a little while the car passed unawares, then walked back and through the gap into a field.

I made my way up and it was just a few feet ahead amongst nettles, it walked out and slowly became aware something was amiss, didn't know which way to go! He started running up the field and went at a gallop into the hedge, but I got some good pics first!

Back view, and it does have lovely pink-purple feathers! Blue near the rump end too.