Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: My "Hurricane" will be here Sat!, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

Subject: My "Hurricane" will be here Sat!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My "Hurricane" will be here Sat!
rcn48 wrote:
We've been searching since January for a new pup and we found her! I was getting anxious thinking we weren't going to find the "right" dog and Rick said, be patient and she'll "come to us"! We were at the plant sale at the American Hort Society in Alexandria and told Peggy, the horticulturist there, that we were still looking since she's involved with the Lost Dog Rescue Foundation and has been a wonderful foster Mom in addition to owning two wonderful dogs and two cats! Surprise, surprise - she had a new litter of eight sweet puppies and they are ready for new homes this weekend! She had her husband bring all eight of the pups and their mother to the plant sale at the end of the day so we could have a peek - we were quite taken with three of them - Ivan, Hazel and Rita - and finally decided upon Rita. Hazel had a little too much spunk for me, although it was a toss up and Ivan unfortunately was a male and we were looking for a female, darn it - he is so cute! Peggy gave all the pups Hurricane names because they were born during the Hurricane season and her husband is meteorologist with NOAA. We weren't keen on the name Rita and decided to change her name to Phoebe - long story, but it's appropriate :) Anyhow we pick her up this Saturday at the K-9 Karnival in Purcellville http://www.lostdogrescue.org/K9KarnivalFlyer.pdf and I can't wait!!! If anyone's interested or looking for a pup, here's the link to all the puppies - scroll down to Hurricane Pups :) http://www.lostdogrescue.org/main/pets.asp?status=4 These puppies are so lucky - you couldn't ask for a better foster home and foster Mom!

With a new camera AND a new puppy, I'll have plenty of pictures to post in the coming weeks :)
Debbie