Photo by Melody

Lilies: What was your most fragrant lily this year?, 1 by victorianblu

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright victorianblu

In reply to: What was your most fragrant lily this year?

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What was your most fragrant lily this year?
victorianblu wrote:
My sincerest appreciation for everyones sharing of thoughts & response about Geisha Girl...this was my first post.

I purchased the bulb via eBay from a seller known as Faraway Flowers...it was a dutch style auction I believe. The bulb was grown in a pot this season. The bulb was of good size and appeared healthy. But I opted to give her a quick dip in a mild solution of Physan20 as we were still seeing high humidity and rain when planting season was here. For the planting medium, I used Fox Farm's 'Ocean Floor' with just enough Big & Chunky Pearlite & Coco Coir to allow for good drainage & nutrient uptake(hope that made sense). Now, instead of going the standard route and using Bulb Food, I decided to take a chance and try something different...I know you will think I am daffy for even attempting to do so. But I just wanted to see what I could do by tweaking the routine a bit.
Up until the bulb decided to peak through the soil, I supplied her with a little 'Root Juice" which is root and growth stimultor made by Omri which is a Dutch Company. I then began ' Open Sesame' until I noticed a bud set. I then switched on over to 'Beastie Bloomz'. I don't think it was but maybe 1 1/2 -2 wks or so when the flowers were formed up. I then switched to the 'Cha Ching'. I need to note that I did use Spray & Grow in between the fertilizing times. What resulted, was a beautiful Lily with beautiful color and frangrance. OK, I am ready for the scolding...