Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Artabptrus Hexapetalus/Ylang Ylang vine seeds, 1 by bedouin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bedouin

In reply to: Artabptrus Hexapetalus/Ylang Ylang vine seeds

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Artabptrus Hexapetalus/Ylang Ylang vine seeds
bedouin wrote:
tigerlily, Ah, thank heavens for heat, greenhouses and humidity - all helping our loved plants to survive all of our strange climates! Now if the hurricanes can just stay away, I'll be very happy this end of the world!

Yes, I have gloriosa vines in many of my pots; hopefully when there is a lull in blooming of one, the other will flush out and give colour!

The Cestrum Diurnum I have had the fragrance of milk chocolate. The other plant that has a similar fragrance is the Portlandia - but its expensive and as far as I've experienced, blooms very seldom. Certainly if one has a choice the C. Diurnum is the winner! It also provides shade (so necessary in our hot climate) and is a nectar plant for butterflies. I've not heard of a combination of C. Diurnam x nocturnum! They are absolutely different types of plants! have no clue how they can be hybridized! tigerlily, if you have Cestrum Diurnum, you'll Know It! The fragrance is well appreciated 2 doors away during the night. The Cestrum Diurnum is only fragrant during the day. The C. Nocturnum would be 'headachy' if you had it growing anywhere near your bedroom window. And that reminds me of another plant with similar attributes! You know the common old Corn Plant? I never knew it had any flowers. Well..........if I ever visited a bordello, I imagine the fragrance would fit in there very well! Talk of strong!!! No subtle hint of perfume with this one! Its full out and overwhelming, also only at night with no day fragrance. I'll post a pic of the corn plants flowers.

By the way the Collages are from Picasa2. A free Google photo programme which I use for all my Collages as well as when I need to hunt for a photo folder!