Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Just popped in to say HI, 1 by jamlover

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamlover

Subject: Just popped in to say HI

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Just popped in to say HI
jamlover wrote:
Hi all,

I accidently found this forum and what do you know___in the first post I read I learned a new term. Guttation. Isn't DG the best. Talk about some of our favorite subjects and learn as well. I'm a zone 4/5 gardener who can't leave a lot outside like you way south people can.

Here's a cross section of my houseplants. That pothos has been in the same container, same soil for 7 years. It was a plant from our daughter's funeral so I shear it back when it reaches the floor, feed it once or twice a year and let it grow. Notice that one lone bloom on the violet. (He's lucky to have survived the summer when all attention in the gardening world is to things outside!!! But he will be beautiful in a couple of months with a little water and food!! Most of my houseplants are succulents I need to keep over until spring again.
Edited to say: That little cactus on the left came from my country school teacher over 50 years ago. I just keep it going for all the memories it contains.

I'm just trying to figure out what how to handle all my new plants for the winter and saw a post about some window shelving. Guess what?? I just went on a buying spree and bought a whole bunch of ceramic pots. Not exactly the things for putting on window shelves. Knew those lighter weight plastic pots had a good use!!

Anyway, glad I found you and will be possibly joining in a little. Jean

This message was edited Sep 27, 2007 12:12 PM