Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Where are you in AU ., 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Where are you in AU .

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you in AU .
77sunset wrote:
Hello people. We are being blown away again here today. No rain, though it does look black on the horizon.
Great to read about you Debi. i'm so glad you are positive about life. Been down the same track but was lucky to find a new man 7 yrs ago. He makes up for the previous woes. He even washes dishes, and likes doing it too.
Keep gardening. It can be healing as well as relaxing. I'm with chrissy in sending hugs.
It is so great to find like minded people here to chat to.
I love my gardening but being in a rural area there aren't many people to talk tp and they are not mad plant people like those on DG.
I have just been planting out a few more seeds . Why !!! I had them and had to plant them . I don't know what I'll do with them all if they grow. There were some bottlebrush. wattle and maple seeds.
I have also planted out a lot of mixed canna seeds and yellow clivia seeds. I will have lots to trade later.
This area was the centre of the merino sheep farming for the early settlers and it must have been a beautiful area once. There are still pockets of the original old red gums dotted around but there was way too much clearing done. Some of the existing trees are so gnarled and have personalities of their own.
I take photos when we go out so I can paint them. Posting a painting I did of the Glenelg River just near here. It has some lovely trees along the banks.
Am going to finish a painting now and then plant a few more irises.
Happygardening all.