Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles: Raising the Kids, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles: Raising the Kids

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles: Raising the Kids
DreamOfSpring wrote:
KyWoods -- If I run over anything or even if a bird hits my windshield it will trouble me for a while. I take it very personally. The highway out there is a narrow 2 lane road that can never be widened due to a land trust protecting the trees that drape over the road - on GPS map you can't see the road because of the trees arching over it. The road is quite heavily traveled and while the speed limit in this area is 45mph, the traffic is probably doing more like 70 and barrelling around a curve to boot. I'm afraid I'm going to get run over just trying to get my car in the road out there.

I'm really afraid that might have been Rupert. : (

Floridian -- Ahem, LOL!
I'm afraid the pics may be a bit anti-climactic. I'm not sure the action translated well in the dark, but I have a bunch of pics. I took pics almost non-stop - except for breaks to hand out treats - in hopes of getting some good ones. In fact, I took so many of them that it took me a while Saturday to zoom and crop them all. (I have to do that because in the dark I can't see what I'm aiming at so I've found it works best to just point the camera that way and shoot the whole area then crop - less chance of getting an out of focus pic.)

These aren't necessarily in order, but this 1st one is one of the 1st 2 or 3. I had the camera on the wrong settings - can't see that either in the dark. Luckily, after a few pics I realized something was wrong and changed it. Here is Dennis chasing fish while Heidi and the other 2 kids eat, clueless to what's going on.