Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: September's Daily Weather 2, a welcome cooling?, 1 by MySharona

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MySharona

In reply to: September's Daily Weather 2, a welcome cooling?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September's Daily Weather 2, a welcome cooling?
MySharona wrote:
Kelli – I never realized how difficult it would be to get to the beach in CA! I visited some friends a couple of years back in The Valley and it didn’t dawn on me until now that we never visited the beaches.
GrannyJoey to the rescue! Shame on that nurse. We’re praying that JW will get his infection cleared up and go home soon!
Rann- - I’m glad you aren’t getting those winds! Fall is really showing on your street. What hedges are the red ones? They’re glorious!

77.9 °F / 25 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 73 °F / 23 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1 km/h
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 80 °F / 27 °C
Visibility: 0.5 miles / 0.8 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 300 ft / 91 m

Now
Fog will likely impact much of southeast Georgia and northeast Florida through around sunrise...with visibilities locally reduced to one-half mile or less. Motorists are urged to use extra caution as the visibility can vary considerably over short distances. The fog will likely be thickest near lakes...ponds...rivers and low spots in the roadway. Use low-beam headlights when traveling through the fog. A dense fog advisory may be required later tonight for portions of the area. Visibilities are expected to improve after 8 am EDT.

Today
Areas of fog early in the morning. Becoming partly cloudy and breezy. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds increasing to 15 to 20 mph

Thanks everyone! The Roseate Spoonbills show up a couple of times a year, they don’t stay long. Usually I see them at a distance at night and then they are difficult to get pictures of. When I say I’ve been trying a long time to get good pictures of them, I mean 3 years! The first time I saw them I thought they were flamingos. Jeff and I had to lock our bikes to a tree and literally walk about 40' into the marsh to get the pics. They are so beautiful. In this picture you can see why they are called "spoonbill". Look at the first bird on the right bending over - it gives you a glimpse of the bill.