Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: A Plant Files Challenge!, 1 by spidra

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright spidra

Subject: A Plant Files Challenge!

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Plant Files Challenge!
spidra wrote:
I'm finding that the Plant Files often don't have pictures of fruit cultivars except for the best-known. I challenge us all to take a look at the Plant Files listings for the cultivars we grow. If there isn't a picture there, take one and upload it. Pictures of ripe fruit are the most helpful for identification purposes but it's also good to take pictures of the blossoms, developing fruit, growth habit of the tree, and the leaves.

I'm trying to narrow down what cultivar the peach in my yard is and find that some cling peach cultivars aren't listed and some that are listed have no pictures.

I promise I'll upload pictures of any named cultivars I have bought that I can vouch for for sure. (Here's a picture of the peaches I'm trying to identify, which are still in their harvest period now. Unfortunately, the tree has peach leaf curl. Not sure if that's what's infected the fruit as well or whether that's a separate brown rot infestation. They're cling peaches, very firm, orange in color with red blush being awfully rare.)