Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Any Interest in a CG 2007 Fresh Seed Swap?, 1 by Illoquin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Illoquin

In reply to: Any Interest in a CG 2007 Fresh Seed Swap?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Any Interest in a CG 2007 Fresh Seed Swap?
Illoquin wrote:
Oh, PC, Didn't you have luck with the seeds you sowed this year? I even had butterfly bushes bloom in July 2007 from an April 2007 sowing!

Your tradelist looks really, really great, Greenjay! Lots of beautiful Penstemon! On the swap, you'd send in the seeds you have extra of with a note saying what you want back, and I try to fill the request. The more general you are, the more likely you are to get what you request. Typically you don't send in your very best seeds because you could trade them away for exactly what you want instead of hoping someone else sends in something you want. You just send the ones that really are extra.

And the more participants there are, the more likely there will be what you want, too. Anybody else?

I think if I posted in the seed trading forum or the round robin forum I'd get lots of takers, but I'm afraid to. Not sure why, but I was hoping the CG folks would be enough for a big swap of nice things.

This is a photo of a fabulous dahlia I have some seed of -- it has bloomed all summer long and never required staking. Seeds of dahlias don't come true in terms of color, but I think they do in terms of form of the flower and also plant habit.

Suzy