Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: September's Daily Weather 2, a welcome cooling?, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: September's Daily Weather 2, a welcome cooling?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September's Daily Weather 2, a welcome cooling?
rannveig wrote:
Good afternoon!

Great photos everyone!

Kiska - beautiful rainbow! I'm surprised you get apples! People are struggling to grow them here with very limited success - but you do get a bit higher summer temperatures than we do - so that's probably what makes the difference.

Debi - beautiful morning glory :-)

Kelli - I always enjoy the photos from your hikes - so interesting and different :-)

It rained all day yesterday and was fairly windy as well - high about 48°F. There was snowfall on high roads and mountains in the south ....... winter is creeping in. Just to be clear - my "finally above 40" comment just applied to Friday morning - not for September as a whole - it's the first time we dip below 50°F this fall. I didn't feel like going outside until it warmed up - below 40 is just darn cold! lol Temperature got down to the 30's last night. We could possibly get a freeze tonight - then it's supposed to warm up a bit again .........

Today it's sunny, there was a stiff breeze blowing this morning but the winds have calmed a bit now in the afternoon. Current temperature at 1:30 pm is 43°F. Sunrise was at 6:53 am and sunset at 7:52 pm.

The garden on Friday after I mowed the lawn and cleaned up a bit. I probably wont have to mow the grass again until next spring ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!

rannveig