Photo by Melody

Coleus: New thread on New babies for Newbie!, 1 by UniQueTreasures

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright UniQueTreasures

In reply to: New thread on New babies for Newbie!

Forum: Coleus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New thread on New babies for Newbie!
UniQueTreasures wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA Oh Traci!!! Why do you suppose I sent so many different coleus??? You only had ONE lonely plant. I couldn't decide and thought that this was the very best way to get someone else addicted... er.. hooked on Coleus. I love to share the enjoyment of this wonderful plant. Last year, I was much like you, with one kind of coleus and a bunch of other "normal" plants. Then came Dave's Garden. This place enables all of us to share and enjoy many different kinds of plants.

As for labeling the plants. I have a program that I downloaded free from photofiltre.com called Photofiltre. It does all of the things the "big boys" like Paint Shop, etc. do (with the exception of layering, which I miss terribly). I've used it as a photo editor for several years and have been very pleased with it. The fact that it's FREE is one of it's best features. Lordy I'm cheap! There are all kinds of things that you can download as plug-ins. I make a lot of collages, etc. so really needed something that was pretty much full featured.

There are 2 programs available on that site. Photofiltre and Photofiltre Suite. The Suite is a much "heftier program" with layering, etc.and other really cool features, but is only good for 30 days. It spoils you. I couldn't ever find where to get it and how much it was when the 30 days was up, so I just went back to the original.

I like to label things, especially container gardens and plantings where there is a multitude of different things. I know that my memory ain't what it used to be, so this helps me out tremendously when I want to refer to a plant later on.

Keep us posted on the babies. They are doing fabulous! It's wonderful that your DH is helping. Mine only makes the effort with plants when there's something else he wants. :-) I have to give him credit though. When he's working at a house ( he's a carpenter) and he sees something he's never seen before, he will ask for cuttings and bring them home. :-) It's funny because THOSE are the only plants that he shows any REAL interest in. And woe is me if I ever kill any of them! HAHAHAHA I had to go out and BUY a Cassia Candlestick plant when I inadvertantly killed a couple that he'd brought home. We had watched them bloom last year and he kept on asking about them. They are blooming now. The replacements, that is, which I found for $1.