Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Coleus: Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!, 1 by UniQueTreasures

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright UniQueTreasures

In reply to: Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!

Forum: Coleus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!
UniQueTreasures wrote:
They looks great Traci! I've never actually seen them on the other end of shipping them. That spaghnum moss really seems to help them to stay moist in transit. I bought a BALE of it this spring for $35 and it was one of the best investments I made for my garden this year. Much more for the money than buying it in those little bags at Home Depot. I still have the majority of the bale, which I keep outside in a waybigo sterlite container I bought for $4 at Goodwill. It should last me years! I'm hoping when the weather cools down, to start making some topiaries. That was the main purpose of buying the bale in the first place. I sure have gotten lots of good from it in the meantime though.

Old colanders make great planters. Plenty of drainage. :-) I can always find SOMETHING to use for a planter. I may need to drill a hole or five in it though. I love my Ryobi cordless drill!

Good Luck with those babies. You'll be sharing them next year with another DGer that comes along. That's the joy of gardening ... Sharing with others that appreciate it as much as you do.

Janet