Photo by Melody

Coleus: Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!, 1 by UniQueTreasures

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright UniQueTreasures

In reply to: Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!

Forum: Coleus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!
UniQueTreasures wrote:
Thank you Joyce and Ted. Joyce, the cuttings you are seeing are cuttings from the ones you sent to me. The "mother" plants are in the back yard and are doing wonderful. They've gotten so tall and their colors are so beautiful! That Watermelon is definitely one of my favorites too. I have taken many cuttings from it this year (both to share and to keep for myself) and just love the deep rich red in that one.

Ted, you are right. That statue that I rescued from Home Depot has just about been outgrown from that spot. It's time to find her a new home.

Every couple of days a big beautiful exotic hibiscus bloom opens up in the midst of all of those colorful leaves. My new coleus bed makes me smile every time I drive up to the house. I was pleasantly surprised that the ones in the ground NEVER droop, even in the blazing 100 degree weather we've had most of the summer. The ones in pots, on the other hand, some of them really look sad by about 2-3:00 in the afternoon. Next year, I will put more and more of them into the ground.

I think I may have made a bad mistake. I took some broken pieces of Perilla and put them on the inside of that fence, next to the front porch. Once we'd put the mulch down, that brown "barky" look just drove me crazy right there next to the porch, though being cedar, I love the smell. I have a feeling that if these cuttings get as big as their mama, well, I'll be wading through the perilla to get to the water hose! HAHAHAHA

Janet