Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Bogless seed beds - End of Summer Photos...., 1 by konkreteblond

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright konkreteblond

In reply to: Bogless seed beds - End of Summer Photos....

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bogless seed beds - End of Summer Photos....
konkreteblond wrote:
Thanks y'all! I don't really do anything to it, which includes fertilizing. I have always used a lot of compost tho. You can't really see my biggest cosmos in this pic. They are toward the back of the bed. They're not as big as yours Becky, but they are gigantic compared to how they started. What's up with that??

Fly, guess what...I've always hated the color orange! Until I started gardening, that is. I started with other colors and then some small zinnias caught my eye one year and then I learned to love orange.

These milkweed plants in front have really big stalks. I didn't pay any attention but they are perennial here so these may be from last year. (or not) I'm using the single stalked ones for food first because they are so tall and they can branch out some. I think they lose their lower leaves from aphids and drought, or you have a bunny too! If they are too leggy, cut them back.

The hummers have been using them this year too. I say hummers, but I only get one, but not sure if it's the same one. We're just so happy to see it!

I'm starting to see a lot more GF's and the Monarchs are coming in! woohoo!! Queens are thicker and trying to multiply quickly. I'd love to see one of the White Peacock's! I have a bunny tho!