Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Coleus: Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!, 1 by pupilpropogtr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pupilpropogtr

In reply to: Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!

Forum: Coleus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Coleus Chatters thru Sept 9th!
pupilpropogtr wrote:
Jada, expect d-mail. I don't know if I can wait for the seeds to arrive (Tomorrow hopefully) and start growing. I will post a horrid pic of me and Teensy learning to garden together. After that day, I realized why long sleeves and bug spray are a necessity. At least I had the sense to but some on Teensy.

UniQue, It is strange. I never knew anyone with breast cancer before my Mother. Afterwards, it seemed like everyone I was close to had someone diagnosed with it. And here it is again. The first time I mention it and you were affected by it to. Mom's original doctor wanted to do a radical, but I convinced her to come to UAB in B'ham for a second opinion. It is a wonderful hospital and on the cutting edge. She ended up only having a partial and some lumps removed. She was very sick from the Chemo and lost all her hair. The drugs she had to take ,and continues to, caused her to gain weight. My Mom is a very beautiful woman, still, but it damaged an already low self esteem. I work on her everyday. Her hair has grown in nicely and I stay on her about exercise. She wanted to give up after the first treatment, but I used her old tactics and guilted her into not (one day my Teensy will do the same). I asked if she wanted to see her grandson (then 11) get married and Teensy (newborn) go to her prom. Worked like a charm. She was mad, but knew I was right. It is strange how the child has to be the Mom sometimes. She is more than that though. She is my best friend and I am a fighter. I would not let her go down without one. Three years later and 3 checkups great, it makes it worthwhile. The bond between her and Teensy is actually making me cry right now. Oops, better quit while I am ahead. Just keep regular checkups, because I am sure you know, we have an 50% increased chance of getting it.

BTW, How is your Mom?

Sincerely,
Traci