Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: How long from chrysalid to eclosure??, 1 by debnes_dfw_tx

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright debnes_dfw_tx

In reply to: How long from chrysalid to eclosure??

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How long from chrysalid to eclosure??
debnes_dfw_tx wrote:
Leslie, I guess I would need to see a bloom since it doesn't say which passiflora it is. Passiflora caerulea is one I know will withstand our winters, (very hardy). Even with the hard freezes we had last year it stayed green all winter like the parsley. It is commonly called "Blue Crown". The firts ate it to stems this year and there were about 2 dozen cats on it. I took the cats over to Sheila_FW's house bc she had plenty. My vine grew back very well in just a few weeks. Thanks to Sheila giving mine a rest.

I bought one a couple weeks ago that looks like Maypop, (P. incarnata). On the tag it said it was "Passiflora caerulea, Purple Passionflower". I don't know yet how it will take sub-freezing conditions, but I will know next year.

I was wondering which one you had so we might determine what you can expect, and how to keep it. :-S

Pic of Hardy Blue Crown>>