Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Fireflash spider question, 1 by Machikoneko

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Machikoneko

In reply to: Fireflash spider question

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fireflash spider question
Machikoneko wrote:
GrowHappy,

I sent the little fireflashes to you. (I knew it must have been me, because you said I got it from my bro.) I have new babies coming up in the pots this year, as well.

Randi,

The plant flowers in a odd way for a Clorophytum. It sends up flowers on a stalk, which start out green/yellow, and when they mature, the pods are brown. I usually just crumble them back into the soil, and voila! Babies! (I'd post a picture, but my camera batteries are dead.)

The little guys start out with no orange at all on their stems, but they soon show color.
(This year's babies are still all green.) Another sure way to tell if they're fireflash is if the baby has very odd roots. They have what appears to be some type of tubers (?) or water retaining bumps on the roots. They're nearly pure white.) Surpised the heck out of me when I was taking them from their nursery pot to trade.

Oh! I just found a pic of last year's nursery pots in my picture files, so I'll post what the babies look like. I was looking for a pic of the flower, but of course, I deleted that file.

Hope this helps!

Marsha.