Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: here they are, 1 by aliraye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright aliraye

Subject: here they are

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of here they are
aliraye wrote:
these are my june babys. my rooster thought he was a hen. i have the boards back there to protect from the never ending rain. eventually we built a ditch around the coop. it worked for awhile, but then it started filling with debris. so we moved them to higher ground. i just love my banties. they're the funniest things to watch. i have'nt had any problems so far with hawks, probably because i pray for them daily. i have seen a curious silver fox around though. i'll have a pic of my new rir later today he's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! but he's a loner. he wants so bad to be with the banties, but at the same time he seems to be alowing them their own space. they like it in the woods, he likes it close to home. i only hope they will soon live nicely together as i am attached to all. i'm very concerned with winter coming soon. i don't know if i should let them free range or keep them cooped. if i have to keep all 10 of them cooped i wonder what will happen if i have a flock of roos. hopefully i'll be able to sex by then. i think i already have 4 roos to my definate 1 hen, not good. i don't know what to do. anyway, i'm done rambling. any advice is most welcome.