Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August Daily Weather #III  Summer's winding down!!!
rannveig wrote:
Kiska - it's always a real treat when it isn't very windy. It did get a bit breezy in the afternoon but it was still a glorius day :-) Beautiful photos :-)

Wanda - very pretty passionflower :-)

Blooms - wow your mailbox looks so cheery with those pretty flowers surrounding it :-) I'm so glad you're finally getting some relief from the heat! :-)

Sharon - is that Lady Margaret? It's HUGE!! :-)

We went on a day trip yesterday with DH's business associate visiting from Denmark. We took him to see the three most visited sites within easy reach of the Reykjavík area - Thingvellir, Geysir (hot springs area) and Gullfoss (golden falls). The weather was really nice and hardly any wind to speak of which was really surprising - it's almost always windy out in the open country where there are no trees or any shelter at all ........ it was really great :-)

First stop was the Geysir hot spring area. It's named after a large geyser that used to be pretty spectacular, but has stopped "erupting" now. On the photo is Junior which has taken his place as the main attraction, his name is Strokkur and he sends variably high strokes of hot water into the air every 10-15 minutes. I was too impatient to wait with the camera ready to catch it so I just got a photo of the leftover water vapor ...... but it gives you a pretty good idea I think ;-)

rannveig