Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Our greenhouse project, 1 by Anna_Z

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Anna_Z

In reply to: Our greenhouse project

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Our greenhouse project
Anna_Z wrote:
Let there be plants................ I have no desire to go into retail at this point. I am renting out space for people to bring their tropicals and winter them over here. I charge $20.00 per plant for the whole winter. I will make no money at this year, as I am not full, but, hopefully, by word of mouth by next year I will be full. I am over half right now, but I have over 70 of my own in there too! I had a disclaimer drawn up by an attorney for people to sign, just to cover my butt "just in case...." If this grows into a larger business in the next couple years, we will probably have papers drawn up and make it an LLC, so we can keep it separate from the farm business. I provide all the plant care for those brought in. If there is anything you want to know, just ask. I did forget to put in the pix of the heaters. We have 2 Modine 200,000 BTU LP heaters. We started this project in mid-May, and finished it in late September. This was done on top of all the other things that come with running 400 acres and milking cows and doing field work. And we're STILL married....amazing!!!!!!!!!