Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Our greenhouse project, 1 by Anna_Z

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Anna_Z

Subject: Our greenhouse project

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Our greenhouse project
Anna_Z wrote:
I know some of you have asked about our greenhouse project, and did I have pix of the steps. Yes, I do have pix, and I will post them here on this thread to show what we started with and what it looks like now. I hope I can do this the way I want to, that way it will all be contained here on this one thread. First off, the building was used to house 100 head of sows as a breeding/gestation building. The dimensions are 30x120. It has a cement floor (with insulation under part of the cement where the sows laid to sleep), water to it, and a 1,000 gallon LP tank outside. The building itself was structurally sound. We decided to sell the sows almost 2 years ago and now Spouse just buys feeder pigs from a neighbor. I have to apologize for all of the old individual hog houses in front of the building itself, but time did not allow us to tear those down this year. That will be the project for next year, some heavy-duty landscaping around the building front. When we decided that the greenhouse project was a "go", spouse said we will do half and see what happens. So, the greenhouse as it is now is 30x64. Here is the outside of the building as it was before we did anything to it.