Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: Hummers are crazy today, 1 by kimsgardenheave

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kimsgardenheave

Subject: Hummers are crazy today

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hummers are crazy today
kimsgardenheave wrote:
Hello I got home early this afternoon and the hummers by my house are crazy - there were at least 6 that I counted when I pulled up and as I have sat at looking out my living window a coupl of time and there were at least 8 of them. Must be a perfect day for them here. I have see as many as 4 at a time but not at least 8 - that's a lot for me too see at one time and this is all in my front lawn... haven't check out the back yet. Is anyone else having that?

It just so cool to watch... it's non stop action out there one chase another here and there and then another joining on the action or taking a break on my begonia or fuchia - or taking a drink and chasing a hornet.

Also does anyone have a good way of getting rid of the hornets? I can't find their nest but they are happily drinking at my feeders.

Have a great day!
~Kim

p.s. sorry about picture (that's the best mine would do) - hopefully next year I will have a camera that I can actually capture these little beauties!