Photo by Melody

Wildlife: The Heidi Chronicles: They're Here at Last!, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: The Heidi Chronicles: They're Here at Last!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Heidi Chronicles:  They're Here at Last!
DreamOfSpring wrote:
tetleytuna,

HRH's face looks good from certain angles, but this one gives me pause. (See photo below taken Sat night)

I have concerns/doubts too about the chances of getting help and the possibility of making matters worse by contacting authorities. I would never do anything rash. As for Widget's vet, after 10 years with the same vet hospital for my prior dog and 1 year for Widget, I recently changed vets when I had difficulty getting them to take Widget's pain and suffering seriously. He had a back and neck injury, but we didn't know that at the time. The vet was all but rude to me and sent us away with an antidepressant! Widget was in so much pain he would just tremble. I went home and cried because I just didn't know how to help him. That was my nth trip to the vet, and she acted like I was just bringing him in because I didn't have anything else to do - imagine that!

Anyhow, I took him to the vet ER where they immediately realized that his symptoms, behavior, etc indicated neck and possibly back pain. They put him on prednisone temporarily to relieve the pain. I found him a new vet who listened and cared, was patient with him, and worked hard to find the source of the pain and a solution.

A while back I had brought up the subject of raccoons to the prior vet and was quickly told to stay away from them. Based on her tone I felt it best to drop it. I like the new vet but haven't known her so long. Perhaps when I take Widget back for a visit I will bring up the subject of raccoons to see how she reacts.

I won't do anything rash that might be risky for our colony. : )