Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Clematis on Clematis?, 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: Clematis on Clematis?

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Clematis on Clematis?
fancyvan wrote:
I have a clematis Fence - started on a 4 ft high chain link but I have added wires in a V-shape from the middle up to the top of a nearby post for added height. The section of fence is about 15 feet. I started with 2 plants, blue and purple and later added two more (supposed to be pink but turned out to be blue so took them out this spring and replace with 2 I know are pink because they were in flower when purchased.)

These are Group A ( flower on old wood) because I didnt want to have to pull them down in the fall ( or spring) although I do prune some out when it gets thick - the lower stem area gets quite woody and leafless rather quickly so I like something tall in front of it and I have Siberian Iris on the east side of the fence There are a number of different plants on the other side but also fairly tall.

The pic was taken last year after flowering almost finished. The growth on the right side has mostly been removed this year but the new ones will cover it next spring.