Photo by Melody

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 13, 1 by debnes_dfw_tx

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright debnes_dfw_tx

In reply to: DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 13

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 13
debnes_dfw_tx wrote:
What a beautiful Sulphur Lucy! I believe it is a Cloudless.. great job!! Next time you experience something weird like the larvae thingys coming out of the chrysalids *please* take a pic so we can investigate. This will help all of us in a big way. Understanding their predators is just as important as a successful release to me. Besides we are filling in the BugFiles as good as we can along the way. Some of them do not have pics yet.

Oh Deb! Sad to hear that some of the butterflies are having problems. It is exactly how we have learned to raise them with any success tho. Casualties will happen. We just keep trying different things until something works. I know before the seasons done, you'll be an old hand at it.

Yep Chris! Liquids come out before and after pupation, so your in good shape. I now how you feel being relieved that is normal.

Oh and Suzy~ keeping the chrysalids in the quick and easy cage is prefectly fine. I do that a lot, especially since my patio has become a revolving door for cat to butterfly action... Here is a pic from this morning, I never had a chance to move them.. All 4 were females

I made a new thread too Meet me over there when y'all are done here> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/761243/