Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 13, 1 by debnes_dfw_tx

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright debnes_dfw_tx

In reply to: DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 13

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY BUTTERFLIES Page 13
debnes_dfw_tx wrote:
Aweeeeeeee isn't that a sweet little skipper! Good to see you had a productive day too. Hope that bean vine survives, some of those looong tap roots can be a bear, especially if the soil is dry. Hope your Rue is big, 37 BST cats will put a big dent in that, if not devour it. Wow!

I've been luring mine in with the planted hosts, Parsley, Rue, Fennel, etc, Then buying fresh Parsley to take them in and feed them. It is really saving my planted hosts. Plus I take them in so the Wasps will be forced to eat the abundant supply of webworms, maybe even forget how delicious the BSTs are. Ha ha... (right). So I take in all the cats I spend a lot of money on host plants for these days.

Earlier I mentioned the Sulphurs are egging my Cassia.. So I went out a while ago and found about 13 of them. It was getting dark, so I will check again in the morning.

:-Deb