Photo by Melody

Perennials: A few glad I just purchased..., 1 by wallaby1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallaby1

In reply to: A few glad I just purchased...

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A few glad I just purchased...
wallaby1 wrote:
Dirty little scammers, they're all doing it! I have Flevo Bambino too, it is very pretty. Got mine from Great Western Gladiolus here who grow some, buy in others from different places. I listed it as a substitute, I ordered 5 each of 3 different expensive US glads at £0.90 each plus Violetta which was cheaper and looks correct.

The subs. were actually cheaper, they asked for a limited cheque so they could make it out to the correct amount if they couldn't get some varieties. They cashed the cheque soon after they got it for the full amount so I assumed all was well, but no, the order came to around £18.50 with postage, actual cost was £5.10 less! No refund, no credit note, the glads were shoved in a re-used padded envelope with the original order I wrote out, that was it! On top of that I sent stamps which should give me a second catalogue in August including species.....we shall see!

Theone expensive variety I did get ws Chartreuse Ruffles which should have a bright pink-purple picotee edge, this is it...