Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: August Daily Weather, 1 by MySharona

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MySharona

In reply to: August Daily Weather

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August Daily Weather
MySharona wrote:
Eufaula – Welcome! Such a pretty creek!
Joey – I’m going with A. Great picture!
Marylyn – LM = Lady Margaret passion vine.
Rann & Kiska – your areas are the places to be!

First Coast Forecast
An Excessive Heat Warning is in effect for S. E. Georgia, from 1 P.M. until 7 P.M. Friday. This warning is issued because daytime heat indices are expected to exceed 110 degrees, and overnight lows fall to 80 degrees or above for at least two consecutive days. During this heat warning, Georgia residents are urged to stay out of the sun as much as possible, drink lots of water and check on heat sensitive kids, adults and pets.
T-storm chances increase Saturday and Sunday and afternoon highs will retreat a bit.
In the tropics nothing is developing at this time.

95.7 °F / 35 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 64 °F / 18 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 98 °F / 37 °C
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
UV: 12 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2500 ft / 762 m

Heat advisory in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...
Today
Partly cloudy and hazy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms late in the morning. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Very hot and humid with highs in the upper 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Heat index readings 108 to 113.

Doesn't seem to be quite as humid for a change. I drive past the local airport everyday. I seem to be getting buzzed often these last couple of weeks!