Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Dahlias: Alfred Grille from Suzy, 1 by Illoquin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Illoquin

In reply to: Alfred Grille from Suzy

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Alfred Grille from Suzy
Illoquin wrote:
Tod, Sorry I didn't respond -- I clicked on the link and started reading and forgot! LOL! I'm still thinking about it, but th good news is the JB are waning and are down to a dull roar.

Here are some dahlia photos, and keep in mind it's been a TOUGH season here! Whatever could go wrong withthe weather did, and I either burned or froze about a million dahlias through some bad decisions...well, it's been tough, and I would admit I get a D- in Dahlia growing!

Here is Alpen X. The way the petals spoon atthe base, it is a perfect night time spot for JBeetles to sleep. I might not buy any more formal decoratives because of that flaw in their construction. LOL.. And I realize this isn't as nice as most, but it's mine. I don't like how the flowers are all jammed together...is that a flaw in my staking?

Suzy

Edited to add the name is Alpen X, not Castle Drive. I forgot to look at the nametag and just guessed when I posted.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2007 11:53 PM