Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Nature's Underwater Gardens 3, 1 by UniQueTreasures

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright UniQueTreasures

In reply to: Nature's Underwater Gardens 3

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Nature's Underwater Gardens 3
UniQueTreasures wrote:
We refer to these as redfish. I think it's some kind of red drum. It was 27 inches long, just under the legal size that would have needed to be tagged. That night, my hubby and his brother caught 2 red drum that were each 38 inches and some kind of shark that was (if I remember right) 41 inches.

The shark was the first one caught. He went into the cooler that was built into the driver's seat of the boat. No matter which way he was turned, he wouldn't fit completely inside of the box. So I was sitting on the seat and would feel a rumbling now and then. Was a very strange feeling!

We started to head back in and the tide was out, so we had to wait for a while. As we finally came back in for the night, for some reason, the lights quit working on the boat. Hubby, being a stickler for doing things right, stopped the boat and worked on it for about 15 minutes. The lights working, we took off, heading for the marina. We were flying across the water, all of us standing up. Suddenly this brilliant green streak flashed over our heads. With mouths open, we all looked at each other and wondered what the heck we'd just seen. We asked at the marina if anyone else had seen what we had. No one had seen it.

A few days later hubby called me to tell me that he'd heard that it was a meteor that had landed some place in Arizona. I can't help but think that God had a hand in making sure that we got to see that incredible green light. That was one incredible fishing trip!

This is my brother in law on the garage floor, just before we cleaned these fish. It was about 3 am!

Janet