Northeast Gardening: What's blooming today? # 8, 1 by aspenbooboo41

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright aspenbooboo41

In reply to: What's blooming today? # 8

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's blooming today? # 8
aspenbooboo41 wrote:
Great pics all and Happy belated birthday to Justin!

Anita, all you photos are great, but I can't stop looking at the "angry sea". That is truly an amazing photo. What camera are you using?

Kim, lol- I have a skunk I have to avoid also. Everytime I open the door to go out at night, or leave the dog out, I make a big production of being noisy and give him a 30second grace period to vacate the area.

In my neigborhood I am the lone crazy flower lady. My next door neighbor is just starting to garden, and has some echinacea, black-eyed susans, and daylilies, but noone else on our block has any flowers or gardens to speak of. This is my third summer in my home, and I have never seen any hummingbirds. I bought a feeder this year in hopes of attracting them, but didn't expect it to work.
I just got up from my computer a little while ago to fill my coffee cup, and what did I spy from my kitchen window? A HUMMER!!!!!!!!! I squeeled and clapped my hands like a little kid, lol. He was actually no where near the feeder, but was feeding on my crocosmia, agastache and nepeta. What a good start to the day!

Here he is just relaxing for a second

This message was edited Aug 1, 2007 8:52 AM